|All vacancies for certified positions and classified (support) positions are posted on the Alabama State Department of Education’s Teach In Alabama website.Applicants for certified positions must also include the following attachments with their online application:
To access the online application, click on the following Alabama State Department of Education link: http://www.alsde.edu/TeachInAlabama
The Cherokee County School System looks forward to reviewing your application when vacancies arise in our district. Interviews will not be scheduled until after jobs are posted. Applications will be reviewed and applicants will be notified if they are selected for an interview.
The Cherokee County School System participates in E-Verify to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. If you are recommended for hire, other documentation may be required including original transcripts, teaching certificate and professional licenses (if applicable), copy of driver’s license, social security card, and a background check at the applicant’s expense. Information and registration regarding fingerprinting can be obtained on the Cogent System website at http://www.cogentid.com/AL
The Cherokee County Board of Education has three categories of substitutes:
- Certified Teacher Substitute – one who holds a valid Alabama Teacher Certificate. (Can substitute for a certified teacher or in any classified position).
- Teacher Substitute – one who holds a valid Alabama Substitute Teacher’s License. (Can substitute for a certified teacher or in any classified position).
- Classified Substitute – a classified substitute can substitute in any classified position which includes: Office Aide, Lunchroom Worker, Custodian, and Bus Driver (Bus Driver’s must possess a Commercial Drivers License (CDL) Class B with Air Brake Passenger Endorsement and have a School Bus Driving Certificate from the Alabama Department of Education.
Substitute Applications and Requirements
- This information is currently being updated and will be reloaded to the site soon.
***Employees must use Cogent for background checks. This section is for volunteers only.***
All volunteers for Extended Family, Coaching and 21st Century are required to undergo a background check. The Cherokee County School System has partnered with BIB to provide background checks for volunteers using the SecureVolunteer system.
1. Prior to beginning the background check, please read and ensure you understand the following documents:
2. Complete and submit the following forms to the Central Office:
3. Click here to begin the background check (you will be redirected to an external website).
“It is the official policy of the Cherokee County Board of Education, that no person shall be, on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, or similar personal distinction be denied the benefits of or be subjected to discrimination under any educational program, activity, or employment, which is under the jurisdiction of the Board.”