November 8th, 2016
Beginning December 5th, The Cherokee County Board of Education announces the sponsorship of the Child and Adult Care Food Program. Supper meals will be available at no separate charge to enrolled participants at the centers listed below during the hours of 3:00 pm-3:30 pm and will be provided without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability. If you believe you or anyone has been discriminated against, write immediately to: USDA, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410 or call toll free (866)632-9992 (Voice). The program serves those ages 18 years or younger or those who turned 19 years of age during the school year. There is no minimum age limit and anyone meeting the age requirements may participate in the Supper Program.
The Supper Program is not intended to replace family meals at home, but to provide balanced nutrition between the end of the school day and the students return to their home. The program will run each school day beginning December 5, 2016 and ending May 25, 2017. Menus are posted on the Calendars page.
Name of Center(s) or Facility Address
|Cedar Bluff High School
||3655 Old Hwy 9, Cedar Bluff, Alabama 35959
|Centre Elementary School
||725 East Main Street, Centre, Alabama 35960
|Gaylesville High School
||760 Trojan Way, Gaylesville, Alabama 35973
|Centre Middle School
||1920 East Main Street, Centre, AL 35960
Read the rest of this entry »
November 2nd, 2016
Students and staff in Cherokee County Schools will honor our veterans next week. Veterans, veterans’ families, parents, and community members are invited to attend the programs listed below. Cherokee County Schools will be closed on Friday, November 11, 2016, in observance of Veteran’s Day.
- Cedar Bluff School – Thursday, November 10, 2016, at 9:00 a.m. in the high school gym.
- Centre Elementary School – Thursday, November 10, 2016, at 1:30 p.m.
- Centre Middle School – Thursday, November 10, 2016, at 8:40 a.m. with Ms. Renee Williams as the special guest speaker.
- Cherokee County High School – Monday, November 14, 2016, at 10:30 a.m. in the gym. A luncheon for veterans and their families will immediately follow the program to honor the special guests.
- Gaylesville School – Wednesday, November 9, 2016, at 1:00 p.m. in the gym.
- Sand Rock School – Wednesday, November 9, 2016, at 9:00 a.m. in the new gym. A reception for veterans and their friends and family will follow in the Hospitality Room.
- Spring Garden School – Monday, November 7, 2016 at 6:00 p.m. in the auditorium (old gym). First and second grade students will perform to honor veterans.
October 31st, 2016
It was falsely reported on Facebook that Bibles were removed from Centre Middle School. There have been absolutely no Bibles removed from ANY of the Cherokee County Schools. No employees have been instructed to remove any Bibles from our schools. We had two Bibles at Centre Middle School that were moved from the lobby of the school to another area of the school. Your child has a right to have a Bible with them each day at school. During non-instructional times at school, your child can legally distribute Bibles, discuss matters of faith, and read their Bible. Board employees may also have their Bibles with them at work each day. There are more laws and rules governing employees than students, but our employees can still have their Bibles at school. Please call 256-706-4491 if you need additional information.