December 8th, 2014
The 2014-2015 school year is in full swing and Cherokee County Schools has a faster and easier way to pay for your student’s school meals. Myschoolbucks.com allows you to log in for FREE from any location that has access to the internet. Save the time hassling with checks & money and try submitting a payment online.
Benefits of using Online Payments
- Free to view account balances and meal purchases
- Schedule automatic payments
- Deposits directly into your child’s account
- Make payments anytime, anywhere from a free mobile app
Read the rest of this entry »
October 30th, 2014
Please join Cherokee County Schools in remembering our Veterans. There are nearly 24 million Veterans living among us, in every state and territory and from every walk of life. Many of the students in our schools may be the son, daughter, cousin, or relative of a Veteran or current service member. There will be no school on Tuesday, November 11, 2014 in observance of Veterans Day.
- Cedar Bluff: Veterans Day Program is Monday, November 10, 2014 at 9:45 A.M. Mrs. McGinnis’ 2nd grade class will sing the Pledge of Allegiance and This is My Country. Mrs Sawyer and Mrs. Burgess’ 4th grade classes will sing “God Bless America, and You’re A Grand Ole Flag.” The After School Program will also perform. The SGA will recognize veterans present and present a multimedia patriotic presentation. The speaker will be Cherokee County Circuit Clerk Dwayne Amos.
- Centre Elementary: Veterans Day Program is Monday, November 10, 2014 at 1:30 PM in the gym
- Centre Middle: Veterans Day Program will be held Monday, November 10, 2014 at 8:30 AM. All Veterans, parents, and community members are invited.
- Cherokee County High: Cherokee County High School will be presenting “Remember Me” to honor all Veterans on Monday, November 10, 2014 at 10:30 AM with a reception to follow. All Veterans are invited to attend.
- Gaylesville: Veterans Day Program is Monday, November 10th at 9:30 AM in the gym. All veterans and community members are invited. A reception will follow.
- Sand Rock: Sand Rock invites you to take part in our Veterans’ Program “Honoring All Who Served” on Monday, November 10th, 2014 at 9:00 AM in the new school gym. The Town of Sand Rock will host a reception beginning at 10:00 AM in the community banquet room of the gym for veterans and families.
- Spring Garden: A Veterans’ Day Dinner will be held on Monday, November 10, 2014 at 6:00 PM in the cafeteria. All Veterans and active duty eat free. A student program with guest speakers will begin at 6:00 PM. Plates are $5.00 and include chili or soup, cornbread, drink, and dessert.
October 1st, 2014
To recognize the National School Lunch Program and the 30 million children it serves every day, Cherokee County Schools will recognize National School Lunch Week from October 13-17, 2014. The theme, “Get in the Game with School Lunch” will feature events and activities that promote the importance of balancing healthy eating with physical activity and exercise.
National School Lunch Week will emphasize the healthy foods that are offered daily in Cherokee County’s schools. The week’s menu will include old favorites like pizza and chicken fingers as well as new items such as chicken alfredo and breaded cheese sticks with marinara dipping sauce. October menus are posted at Calendars page for your convenience. We would like to extend an invitation to parents and other family members to visit our cafeterias and have lunch with your students.
Read the rest of this entry »