Please join Cherokee County Schools in remembering our Veterans. There are nearly 24 million Veterans living among us, in every state and territory and from every walk of life. Many of the students in our schools may be the son, daughter, cousin, or relative of a Veteran or current service member. There will be no school on Tuesday, November 11, 2014 in observance of Veterans Day.
- Cedar Bluff: Veterans Day Program is Monday, November 10, 2014 at 9:45 A.M. Mrs. McGinnis’ 2nd grade class will sing the Pledge of Allegiance and This is My Country. Mrs Sawyer and Mrs. Burgess’ 4th grade classes will sing “God Bless America, and You’re A Grand Ole Flag.” The After School Program will also perform. The SGA will recognize veterans present and present a multimedia patriotic presentation. The speaker will be Cherokee County Circuit Clerk Dwayne Amos.
- Centre Elementary: Veterans Day Program is Monday, November 10, 2014 at 1:30 PM in the gym
- Centre Middle: Veterans Day Program will be held Monday, November 10, 2014 at 8:30 AM. All Veterans, parents, and community members are invited.
- Cherokee County High: Cherokee County High School will be presenting “Remember Me” to honor all Veterans on Monday, November 10, 2014 at 10:30 AM with a reception to follow. All Veterans are invited to attend.
- Gaylesville: Veterans Day Program is Monday, November 10th at 9:30 AM in the gym. All veterans and community members are invited. A reception will follow.
- Sand Rock: Sand Rock invites you to take part in our Veterans’ Program “Honoring All Who Served” on Monday, November 10th, 2014 at 9:00 AM in the new school gym. The Town of Sand Rock will host a reception beginning at 10:00 AM in the community banquet room of the gym for veterans and families.