2016 – 2017 Child and Adult Care Food Program

November 8th, 2016

Beginning December 5th, The Cherokee County Board of Education announces the sponsorship of the Child and Adult Care Food Program. Supper meals will be available at no separate charge to enrolled participants at the centers listed below during the hours of 3:00 pm-3:30 pm and will be provided without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability. If you believe you or anyone has been discriminated against, write immediately to: USDA, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410 or call toll free (866)632-9992 (Voice). The program serves those ages 18 years or younger or those who turned 19 years of age during the school year. There is no minimum age limit and anyone meeting the age requirements may participate in the Supper Program.

The Supper Program is not intended to replace family meals at home, but to provide balanced nutrition between the end of the school day and the students return to their home. The program will run each school day beginning December 5, 2016 and ending May 25, 2017. Menus are posted on the Calendars page.

Name of Center(s) or Facility Address

Cedar Bluff High School 3655 Old Hwy 9, Cedar Bluff, Alabama 35959
Centre Elementary School 725 East Main Street, Centre, Alabama 35960
Gaylesville High School 760 Trojan Way, Gaylesville, Alabama 35973
Centre Middle School 1920 East Main Street, Centre, AL 35960

Persons interested in receiving more information should contact: Christina Lee, Child Nutrition Program Director, 130 East Main Street, Centre, AL 35960. You may also email clee@cherokeek12.org or call 256-927-3397.

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English. To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by: mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights 1400 Independence Avenue, SW Washington, D.C. 20250-9410 fax: (202) 690-7442; or email: program.intake@usda.gov. This institution is an equal opportunity provider.